- Welcome to Planned Giving
- Options for Giving
- What to Give
- Donor Stories
- How Do We Use Your Gifts?
- Life Stage Gift Planner™
- Most Popular Options
- Compare Gift Options
- Request a Calculation
- Beneficiary Designations
- Bequest Language
- Contact Us
Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) or “IRA Rollover” Gifts for Donors Aged 70½ or Older
How It Works
- You are 70½ or older and instruct your plan administrator to make a direct transfer of up to $100,000 to Catholic Charities
- Plan administrator makes transfer as directed to Catholic Charities
- Your gift is transferred directly to Catholic Charities; since you do not receive the funds, they are not included in your gross income*
- Your gift will count towards your minimum distribution requirement, which, under the 2019 SECURE Act, begins at the age of 72
- You support the programs that are important to you at Catholic Charities
*No income-tax deduction is allowed for the transfer.
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of New York
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.